Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Baseball: DePaul 7, Don Bosco Prep 2

Kevin Croucher fired a one-hitter, striking out five as DePaul stunned nationally ranked Don Bosco Prep in Wayne. While Don Bosco Prep (12-3) had been rolling, DePaul was 5-6, having lost four of its last five games.

``No, this game doesn't leave me scratching my head,'' DePaul coach Joe Lennon, who has 401 victories, said. ``We're talking about kids and today we played like we should have been playing. We ran into a lull. We started the season at 4-1 beating good teams like Bergen Catholic and Clifton.''

DePaul's A.J. Mott got his team rolling with a two-run triple in the first inning. DePaul enjoyed a 7-0 advantage with a five-run sixth highlighted by a grand slam by Matt Betz.

``We have a good team and we knew we could win if we played our game,'' Croucher said. ``The key for me was that I was getting my curve over for a strike and concentrated on my catcher Matt Cheney and my next pitch. Getting those two runs in the first inning gave us a lot of confidence.''

Kenny O'Donnell had a single in the second inning for Don Bosco Prep's lone hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wayne Valley Boys Basketball History

Incomplete: Please help us fill in blanks: skiffodrake@yahoo.com State Sectional Titles 1985, 1997, 2008 State Sectional Semifinal ...